Tool design is critical to the manufacturing industry. Tooling is the foundation for Product design and the manufacturing industry. The CAD Drafting and Tool Design program concentrates on the use of CAD in product drawing, dies of metal stamping, molds of plastic processes and jig, fixture and gauge design. Computer-aided engineering software for mold design and mechanical applications are used.
Objectives of the Course :
* Design and manufacture of Tools & Dies Moulds, Jigs & Fixtures, Gauges etc.
* Modern production technology.
* Tool-related innovations for improved product design.
* Training and upgradation in Tool & Die Technology.
* Productivity improvement.
* To serve small & medium sized enterprise, particularly metal & plastic groups.
* Training in Tool & Die Technology, CAD/CAM/CAE Solutions.
* Design, Development and Manufacturing of quality Press Tool, Moulds, Dies, Jigs & Fixtures, Gauges, SPM, Precision Inspection and Reverse Engineering on CMM, Job Work etc.
* Consultancy for Product Development, Productivity and Quality improvement.
The basic subjects includes :
Jigs & Fixtures / Press Tools/ Plastic Moulds/ Die Casting Dies/ Auto CAD CNC Programming & Machining (Lathe & Milling)/Unigraphics (CAD & CAM) CATIA (CAD)/ANSYS (CAE)/Material Specification & Heat Treatment/ Application of Hydraulics & Pneumatics in Tool Design/ Concept of Robotics/Concept of Reverse Engineering.
Different Courses Offered
(A) One Month Short Term Courses
1) Auto-CAD: 2D, 3D Modeling
2) CNC PROGRAMMING & MACHINING.
3) I-DEAS : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & Drafting.
4) I-DEAS : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly and Drafting.
5) CATIA : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & Drafting.
6) UNIGRAPHICS : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly and Drafting.
7) SOLIDWORKS : Modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & Drafting
8) ANSYS : Structural & Thermal analysis.
9) ADINA : Structural & Thermal analysis.
Eligibility : The eligibility conditions for the above courses are Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Eng-ineering and ITI with relevant experience or equivalent.
Course Fee : Rs.3,000/- for SSI & Individuals, Rs. 4,000/- for Govt. & Major Industries.
B) Medium - Term Courses :
1) Post Graduate Diploma In Tool Design & CAD / CAM.
2) Post Diploma in CNC Technology.
3) Post Diploma in Tool Design & CAD/CAM.
4) Post Diploma in CAD/CAM.
5) Post Diploma in CAD/CAM For Woman.
6) Post Diploma in CAD/CAM For Orthopedically Handicapped.
7) Post Diploma in Tool Design.
8) Master Craftsman in Tool Technology.
9) Master of CAM & CNC Technology.
10) Master of CAD.
11) Certificate Course in CNC Machinist.
12) CAD Integrated Course on Press Tool Design.
13) CAD Integrated Course on Injection Module Design.
14) CAD Integrated Course on Die Casting Die Design.
15) CAD Integrated Course on Jigs, Fixtures & Gauges Design.
16) CAD Integrated Course on Forging Die Design.
C) Certificate Courses
Following Certificate courses of 6 months Full Time duration for SSC Appeared students.
1) Certificate Course in Fitter.
2) Certificate Course in Turner.
3) Certificate Course in Miller.
D) Long Term Courses
1) 4 years Diploma in Tool & Die Making Recognized by AICTE, New Delhi Intake capacity : 60 + 30 (10 each in Jamshedpur, Kolkata and Indore).
2) 2 years Machinist Course is recognized as equivalent to ITI machinist course. Intake Capacity: 2 units. Each unit comprising of 12 trainees.
3) 2 years Advanced Machinist Course (Only for SC/ST/OBC & Minority community whose family income from all sources is Rs. One Lakh per annum only and domicile of Jharkhand.) Intake Capacity: 300 seats (100 seats each in Jamshedpur, Kolkata and Indore).
4) Full Time Course : Post Diploma in Computer Aided Tool Design of duration Six Months. Eligibility : Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Production Automobile/Manufacturing/DTDM or equivalent.
5) Post Graduate Diploma in Tool Design & CAD/CAM. Of duration 1 ½ Year (Full Time with 6 months internship). The intake is for 30 seats. The minimum eligibility require-ments are Bachelors Degree in Engg. (Mech./Prod./Auto-mobile/ Tool & Die/Plastics) or equivalent.
6) Diploma Programme - Tool & Die Making Course is of 4-year duration (DTM). The course is approved by AICTE, recognized by TEB, Gandhinagar Gujarat state, Accredited by Institution of Engineers (India).
Various Institutions offering Different Courses :
1) Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) conducts several regular and part-time training programmes in the field of Tool Design & Manufacture, Low Cost Automation, Mech-atronics and Computer Aided Design & Computer Aided Manufacture for the benefit of National & International participants. Contact address : CITD, Balanagar, Hyderabad-500037 ( A.P.) Phone: 040 23771959,23776156, Fax : 040-23772658 Website : citdindia.org
2) Indo German Tool Room P-31, M.I.D.C. Industrial Area, Chikalthana, Aurangabad - 431210, Maharashtra, India. Phone : 91-240-2486832, 2470541, 2482593 website : igtr-aur.org
3) College of Technology, Ferris State University 1009 Campus Drive Big Rapids, Michigan MI 49307-2280 website : www.ferris. edu/cdtd.
4) Indo Danish Tool Room, Jamshedpur is a Government of India Society, Under Ministry of SSI, established in 1991 at Jamshedpur by Govt of India under the assistance of Govt of Denmark under DANIDA. Website http://www. idtrjamshedpur.com
5) The Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE) , Madurai has entered into a Memorandum of Under-standing (MoU) with Nettur Technical Training Foundation (NTTF), Bangalore, to offer a Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Tool Design from this academic year. Phone numbers: 0452–2482240/2482242.
6) City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR Phone : (852) 2788 7654 Fax : (852) 27881167 Email: email@example.com
7) Indo German Tool Room, Ahmedabad is a high-tech production of tools and training Centre engaged in production of tools of precision plastic & metal component and also engaged in area of Training in tool and die making, CAD/CAM & CNC Technology. Contact address: IGTR, Plot No.5003, Phase 4,GIDC,Vatva, Ahmedabad- 382445 Phone No:(079)-25840961/64,25841960, Fax No:(079)-25841962.
Graduates of the Tool Room Design courses find immediate employment as computer-aided tool detailers , product drafters, entry-level tool designers, CAD operators and other technical-related positions. Many students take admissions to higher degree courses such as Product Design Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Plastics Engineering Technology, Business Manage-ment Teacher Education. The interested students are advised to check their eligibility before taking admission into an institution.
Dr. A.G. Matani
(Faculty of Mechanical Engg.,Government College of Engineering, Amravati-444604, MS) Courtesy- EN.