All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination
1. Candidates can apply for AIEEE either on the prescribed Application Form or make application Online.
2. For submission of application
on prescribed form : Information Bulletin containing Application Form can be had by post from the CBSE or personally from Regional Offices of CBSE,
Designated Institutions and the Designated Branches of Syndicate Bank and other Banks specified in Appendix IV. Candidates must follow
instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified. Candidates
must keep a photocopy of the Application Form for use as reference for future correspondence. Please ensure before mailing the application that:-
o the candidate has signed the Form at two specified places; o the application bears signature of the Father/Guardian o recent passport size
photograph taken on or after 1st September, 2004 is pasted in the space marked for it o the application is dispatched by Registered/Speed Post in
the enclosed CBSE envelope; o the Application Form sent by courier shall not be accepted.
3. For submission of application Online at
www.aieee.nic.in Online submission of application with photograph and signature on Computer Printed Form generated and down loaded
from the website www.aieee.nic.in and to be sent by Registered/ Speed Post (NOT BY COURIER) to CBSE and payment made by Demand Draft in
favour of the Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi. Candidates submitting applications online are required: o to mention his/her Registration No., Name
and Address on the back of the Pay Order/Demand Draft o to retain a photocopy of computer printed Form to serve as reference for future
correspondence, and o to retain a photo copy of the Bank Draft sent.
4. Information regarding receipt of applications in the
AIEEE Unit of the CBSE will be put on the website www.aieee.nic.in. The candidates can check the receipt of their Application Number on the
website after 30 days of dispatch of Application to the CBSE. Candidates whose particulars do not appear on the website may write to the AIEEE
Unit, and forward a photocopy of the Application Form, the Demand Draft and two passport size photographs (as pasted on the Application Form).
5. In case the Admit Card is not received by 15th April, 2005, the candidates should write/contact the CBSE between 16th April, 2005 to 30th
April, 2005 giving details of the Post Office, date of dispatch, receipt of postal dispatch, photostat copy of the Application Form, two photographs
(as pasted on the Application Form), and proof regarding remittance of fee who have submitted application Online.
Candidate must preserve the Admit Card till the admission process is over.
7. For latest updates, please check at AIEEE website:
AIEEE INFORMATION BULLETIN INCLUDES EXAMINATION FEE
OF RS. 300/- FOR GENERAL CATEGORY AND RS. 150/- FOR SCHEDULED CASTE AND SCHEDULED TRIBE CANDIDATES
Address for obtaining/sending complete Application Form and clarification, if any :-
The Joint Secretary
Fax : 011-23220152
Shiksha Sadan, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area,
(Near Bal Bhawan), New Delhi-110002.
Scheme of Examination :--
* Entrance examination would consist of two papers with objective type questions
and third paper Aptitude Test for Architecture and Planning. The Aptitude Test is designed to evaluate candidates perception, imagination,
observation, creativity and architectural awareness.
* Scoring and Negative Marking There will be objective type questions with four
options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response one third of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. No
deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet. The candidates are
advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated against a
question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked. All objective type questions are required to be answered on specially
designed machine gradable answer sheets. Answers are to be marked using ball point pen (black/blue) only. For the purpose of evaluation, Test
Booklet Code as printed in the Answer Sheet on Side-2 will be accepted as final.
* Subject combination for each paper,
type of questions and total marks in each paper are given in the table below :
SUBJECTS TYPE OF
QUESTIONS TOTAL MARKS
Paper 1 Physics & Chemistry Objective type questions with
equal weightage to Physics & Chemistry 450
Paper 2 Mathematics Objective type questions 225
Paper 3 Aptitude Test Part I Objective type questions 150
Aptitude Test Part II Two questions to test drawing
* Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below:
B.E/B.TECH Paper 1 and Paper 2
Paper 2 and Paper 3
Candidates are, however, required to appear in the
papers as per Scheme of Examination for AIEEE specified in para 2.4 of this Bulletin.
* The minimum academic qualification for admission through AIEEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (see Appendix VIII). Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination may also appear in AIEEE for consideration of provisional admission.
combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. and B. Arch./B. Planning Courses shall be as under: Course Compulsory Anyone of the Optional Subjects B.E/B.TECH Physics & Mathematics Chemistry, Bio-technology Computer Science Biology B.ARCH/B. PLANNING Physics & Mathematics Chemistry, Computer Science Biology Engineering Drawing This is as per decision of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
* Only Indian nationals are eligible.
* Admission of students for foreign nationals, persons of Indian origin and Indian nationals living abroad, in centrally funded institutions, i.e National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad, Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (ABVIITM), Gwalior, National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology(NIFFT), Ranchi, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST), Itanagar and Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology(SLIET), Longowal shall be as per Ministry of Human Resource Developments letter No.F.21-2/2001-TS.I dated 14.05.2001. Educational Consultants India Limited is the coordinating agency and single window facility for admission under this scheme.
For details, please contact
the Programme Officer, Educational Consultants India Limited, EDCIL
18 A, Sector 16 A, Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh)
Telephone : 0091 - 0120 - 2512001 to
2512006 Fax No. 0091 - 0120 2515372
E. Mail placement @ edcil.co.in
* Application can either be made Online or submitted on prescribed Application Form only.
* Information Bulletin containing Application Form can be had by post from the Joint Secretary (AIEEE), Central Board of Secondary Education, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, (Near Bal Bhawan), New Delhi - 110002 or personally from Regional Offices of CBSE and Designated Branches of Syndicate Bank/other Banks/Designated Institutions (List given in Appendix IV). The Syndicate Bank/other Banks, the designated institutions and Regional Offices of the CBSE will not send the Information Bulletin by Post. Hence, no request should be made to them for sending the Bulletin by Post.
* The cost of Information Bulletin inclusive of Examination Fee is Rs.300/- for General Category and Rs.150/- for SC and ST
* To obtain Information Bulletin containing Application Form by post, candidates should send their request to the Joint Secretary (AIEEE), Central Board of Secondary Education, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, (Near Bal Bhawan) New Delhi- 110002 along with a bank draft of Rs.350/- for General Category (Rs. 200/- for SC/ST candidates) payable in favour of The Secretary, CBSE, Delhi and a self-addressed envelope of 12 x 10. This includes Rs. 50/- towards postal charges.
* For Online submission at website www.aieee.nic.in Online submission of application with photograph and signature on Computer Printed Form generated and down loaded from the website and to be
sent by Registered/Speed Post (NOT BY COURIER) to CBSE and payment of Rs. 300/- for General Category and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST candidates made by Demand Draft in favour of the Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi Candidates submitting applications Online are required to retain a photocopy of each of the generated Application Form and the Demand Draft for future correspondence, if required.
* In addition to Examination Fee, Service/ Processing Charges of Rs. 5/- will be payable by the candidates to the designated Branches of Syndicate Bank/ Institutions.
* Instructions for completing and sending the Application Form by post are given in Appendix V. Instructions for online submission of
application will be given on AIEEE website www.aieee.nic.in Request for change in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances. Incomplete Application Forms, or the forms having over-writing, shall be rejected. The candidates who have made application online must submit generated Application Form along with Demand Draft of any scheduled Bank.
Counselling, Seat Allocation, Document Verification and Admissions :--
* Final list of institutions admitting students (with intake in each discipline and category as per reservation) through AIEEE, including counselling procedure, counselling schedule and counselling centres would be contained in the Information Brochure for Counselling and it shall also be released on AIEEE website in May.
* The Central Counselling Board shall send by post the Information Brochure for Counselling only to the candidates to be called for counselling.
* Verification of documents would be done at the time of counselling/admission. The purpose would be to verify different records regarding identification, age, qualifying examination, state of eligibility and category of the candidate. On failing to establish of any of the documents, the candidates will not be considered for admission.
* SC, ST and PH candidates will be required to produce original certificate issued by the competent
authority at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Tentative List of Participating Institutions in AIEEE:--
National Institutes of Technology(NIT)
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh) 2. Maulana Azad National Institute of
Technology, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) 3. National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela) 4. National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh) 5. Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan) 6. Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab) 7.
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana) 8.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra) 9. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (Orissa)
10. National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam) 11. National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat) 12. National Institute of Technology, Surathkal (Karnataka) 13. National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh) 14. National Institute of Technology, Durgapur(West Bengal)
15. National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) 16. National Institute of Technology, Hazartbal, Srinagar ( J& K) 17. National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Tamil Nadu) 18
. National Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)
Indian Institutes of Information Technology
Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior
2. Indian Institute of Information Technology,
3. Institute of Technology. Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur (M.P.)
1. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun (Uttranchal) 2 SRM Institute of Science & Technology,
Chennai-600033 3. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala 4. Sri Nandhanam College of Engineering & Technology, Tirupattur, Vellore Distt. (T.N.) 5. Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Chauri Road, Bhadohi (U.P.) 6. Shanmugha Arts, Science & Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur 7. Chhatrapati Shivaji Instt. of Technology, Shivaji Nagar, Kohlihapuri, Durg, Chhattisgarh
8. Bhilai Instt. of Technology, Bhilai House, Durg, Chhattisgarh 9. Rungta College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai, M.P. 10. Nirma
University of Science & Technology, Gandhi Nagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 11. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Sira Kotla Kakrial, P.O.
Panthal, Udhampur 12. Shri Shankaracharya College of Engineering & Technology, Junwani, P.O. Nehru Nagar, Bhilai 13. M.P. Christian College of Engineering & Technology, Kailash Nagar, Bhilai (Chhatisgarh)
1. Army Institute of Technology,
Dighi Hills, Pune
2. National Insitute of Foundary & Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi States/UTs
1. West Bengal 2. Punjab University, Chandigarh
Nomenclature of Disciplines in Degree Engineering & Technology/Architecture/ Town Planning(Approved by
A. Engineering & Technology Courses
1. Aeronautical Engineering 2. Agricultural Engineering 3.
Automobile Engineering 4. Applied Electronic and Instrumentation 5. Automation and Robotics 6. Bio-Medical Engineering 7. Bio-Technology 8. Ceramic
Engineering 9. Chemical Engineering 10. Civil Engineering 11. Computer Science and Engineering 12. Electrical Engineering 13. Electronics and Communication Engineering 14. Environmental Engineering 15. Food Technology 16. Industrial Engineering
and Management 17. Information Technology 18. Instrumentation and Control Engineering 19. Leather Technology 20. Marine Engineering 21. Materials Science
& Technology 22. Metallurgical Engineering 23. Mechanical Engineering 24. Mining Engineering 25. Oil & Paint Technology 26. Polymer Science and Rubber Technology 27. Printing Technology 28. Production Engineering 29. Pulp &
Paper Technology 30. Sugar Technology 31. Textile Engineering & Technology 32 . Transportation Engineering
B. ARCHITECTURE & TOWN PLANNING
2. Building Construction Technology
3. Interior Design
LIST OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS
i) The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
iv) Any Public School/Board/University
Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
v) H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
vi) A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
vii) 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Note: The Information provideed may vary time to time please check www.aieee.nic.in website.